Wednesday 5 October 2011

MMM - Mid-week Motivation - Autumn Resist withVaseline

Morning all. Before I get on with this week's motivation spot I would like to announce this month's winner
VALERIE
Congratulations - please e-mail me on deezinesart@gmail.com with your details and I will get your prize off to you.
Here is a technique that I tried out today - resist with Vaseline. I also used my brayer with this - here's how I did it


You will need - Vaseline, Speedball Brayer, Inks, Stamp and some foam material - I think it's called Funky Foam?










Spread some Vaseline on to the foam material and press your stamp into it. Stamp onto some card taking care not to press to firmly - the stamp will have a tendency to skid. Repeat randomly all over your card.








Ink up your brayer and start to build up layers of ink. I started with a light colour and added layers of darker ink.










The more layers of ink that you add the more your design will stand out. When you are satisfied that you have enough colour gently buff the images to remove any Vaseline residue.








The card is now ready to be used in any way that you wish. If you would like to see what I made with my piece of card please pop over to my blog here and take a look. Thanks for joining me today I hope you enjoy this week's challenge found here - Jacqueline.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Jacqueline! A fabulous idea and I'll be giving this a go as the results are gorgeous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing another new (to me anyway) resist technique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thamks Jaqueline.. I'll be giving this a go to
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jacqueline, a great technique and I love your stamp! checked out your blog and have become a follower. thanks for choosing me as the winner for the steampunk challenge, I'm over the moon:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing a great technique - it's now on my to try list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! I've never used Vaseline! Can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vaseline? Who'd have thought?!!! Vx

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.